Volume 6 Issue 6 - September 01, 2009
B.N. Yugandhar to head N.C.P.E.D.P's Core Group on Rural Development
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: B.N. Yugandhar, former member Planning Commission and retired I.A.S. officer is going to head N.C.P.E.D.P.’s Core Group on Rural Development. Yugandhar has been an active supporter of disability issues.
Yugandhar has served as the Director of Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie; Secretary to Government of India, Ministry of Rural Areas and Employment and Secretary to Prime Minister besides many other key positions. During his stint in the Planning Commission, he was instrumental in getting an entire chapter on disability issues included in the Plan. He also played a pivotal role in getting disability included in N.R.E.G.A.
His area of expertise include poverty alleviation; rural development; safety net programmes; agrarian relations; capacity building in public administration: public policy planning; public management; decentralized planning and administration; local governance; social mobilization and community based rehabilitation of disabled persons.
Members of the Core Group are yet to be decided. It may be mentioned that N.C.P.E.D.P. has launched a three year project - “Mainstreaming of Disability in the National Agenda - Policy to Practice” in partnership with the British High Commission to focus on 5 key issues - health, employment, accessibility, communication, information technology and rural development. Of these, Core Groups on access, communication, information technology and health have already been formed and are actively running their respective campaigns towards policy interventions.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- A tribute to Vikas Sharma
- â€śIt is better to repeal the Disability Act and draft a new law,â€ť feels Mukul Wasnik
- N.C.P.E.D.P. forms a national level Core Group on Disability Act 2009
- Parliament building to become disabled friendly
- Department of Information Technology sets up Core Group on draft National Policy on Electronic Access
- B.N. Yugandhar to head N.C.P.E.D.P's Core Group on Rural Development
- Conference of State Parties to U.N.C.R.P.D. on September 2 & 3
- Newly launched Rajya Sabha website not W.C.A.G. compliant
- A.T.M.s for visually impaired showcased at X.R.C.V.C.
- Revised pension plan to cover disabled siblings of Government employees
- Southern Railways disallows disabled passengers with general tickets from boarding special coach
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: