Volume 6 Issue 6 - September 01, 2009
Newly launched Rajya Sabha website not W.C.A.G. compliant
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Showing shocking disregard to government’s own guidelines which require websites to be W.C.A.G. 2.0 compliant, the Rajya Sabha’s newly launched website has failed to pass an accessibility test on several counts.
The new website was launched by Rajya Sabha Chairman and Vice - President of India, Mohammad Hamid Ansari on July 30. In his inaugural speech he said that the newly designed website of the House “aimed at disseminating information to the people” and that “the website was an important tool that can be accessed by people” to know of the proceedings.
A few pages of the website www.rajyasabha.nic.in were tested for accessibility by BarrierBreak Technologies. And the results are shocking to say the least! The website has failed on several counts of W.C.A.G. 2.0 compliance.
“The website has inappropriate alternate texts and heading structures, link to main content, form labels are missing. There are no means to control the moving content and it has invalid X.H.T.M.L. codes,” said Shilpi Kapoor, Managing Director, BarrierBreak Technologies.
The website fails on 13 counts of Level A compliance and 6 counts of Level A.A. With the Parliament itself flouting the norms, the government’s promise of making 50 government websites accessible has certainly come under a cloud.Click here for the full audit report of www.rajyasabha.nic.in prepared by BarrierBreak Technologies (Excel - 154 KB) .
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- A tribute to Vikas Sharma
- â€śIt is better to repeal the Disability Act and draft a new law,â€ť feels Mukul Wasnik
- N.C.P.E.D.P. forms a national level Core Group on Disability Act 2009
- Parliament building to become disabled friendly
- Department of Information Technology sets up Core Group on draft National Policy on Electronic Access
- B.N. Yugandhar to head N.C.P.E.D.P's Core Group on Rural Development
- Conference of State Parties to U.N.C.R.P.D. on September 2 & 3
- Newly launched Rajya Sabha website not W.C.A.G. compliant
- A.T.M.s for visually impaired showcased at X.R.C.V.C.
- Revised pension plan to cover disabled siblings of Government employees
- Southern Railways disallows disabled passengers with general tickets from boarding special coach
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: