Volume 2 Issue 7 - April 01, 2004
HC orders disability pension for Army man sacked in 1964DNIS News Network - The Himachal Pradesh High Court has directed the Government of India to grant disability pension to Sarwan Singh, who was removed from service on medical grounds in 1964, reports The Tribune.
Justice R.L. Khurana had directed the Ministry of Defence to pay the petitioner disability pension along with arrears from the date when he was removed from service within three months of the verdict.
The petitioner had stated that he was enrolled as a sepoy in the Mahar Regiment of the Army on January 18, 1958. He had added that he was removed from service on March 20, 1964, since he was found to be of an unsound mind and was not paid disability pension.
He had further alleged that he made several representations to the Ministry, but nothing was done. In 1999, he approached the court.
Delivering this judgment, Justice Khurana observed that the petitioner was not found suffering from any disease at the time of his recruitment in the Army. If there was no note with regard to a disease on account of which a person had been removed from service, it would be deemed to be attributable to or aggravated by Army service, the court ruled.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Disabled persons too want to vote
- Disabled seek political space
- Javed Abidi: Candidate for the differently abled
- President Kalam urged to make voting disabled-friendly
- Visibility in election manifestos
- Blind doctor set to practice medicine
- SC notice to Centre on care of mentally ill
- Disabled passengers' nightmare at domestic airport
- HC orders disability pension for Army man sacked in 1964
- Stress on special education
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: