Volume 7 Issue 7 - April 01, 2010
M.S.J.E. announces vacancy for the position of C.C.P.D.
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The position of Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities (C.C.P.D.) has been lying vacant for more than a year now. Finally last month, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (M.S.J.E.) has issued an advertisement in the newspapers announcing the vacancy.
In July last year, members of the National Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities - India (N.C.R.P.D. - India) met Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh. The delegation had apprised the Prime Minister about the position lying vacant.
Soon there after, Sangita Gairola, Additional Secretary, M.S.J.E. was given additional charge as C.C.P.D. The appointment was notified very quietly on the C.C.P.D. website.
The vacancy has now been announced afresh through a public notice on March 15.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- "My office is always open, we look forward to inputs from the disability sector", Dr. C. Chandramouli
- If the disabled population is counted correctly there will be no space for the government to deprive us from our rights
- 5th meeting of the National Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (N.C.R.P.D.) held on March 17
- M.S.J.E. to form an â€˜Expert Committeeâ€™ to study the demand for a new law
- Radical amendments to the National Trust Act proposed
- Urban Development Ministry forms Sub Group to harmonise access guidelines
- Justice A.P. Shah endorses the idea of a National Disabilities Advisor
- M.S.J.E. announces vacancy for the position of C.C.P.D.
- Dates for West and South Zone Consultations finalised
- Supreme Court orders immediate reinstatement of teacher with Cerebral Palsy
- High Court reserves seats for dyslexic students in Delhi University
- Disabled Officer all set to become Major General
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: