Volume 9 Issue 7 - June 15, 2012
National Youth Policy 2012 to also focus on youth with disabilitiesD.N.I.S. News Network, India: The exposure draft of the National Youth Policy 2012, unveiled by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, that aims to empower youth of the country through holistic development has identified youth with disabilities as a priority target group. This National Policy aims to put young people at the centre of the countrys growth and development.
The thrust areas of the draft Policy are promotion of national values, social harmony, national unity, empowering youth through employable skills, education, health, sports and recreation, gender justice, participation in community service, environment and local governance.
The draft emphasises the need for a comprehensive National Youth Policy that will provide direction to youth-focused interventions by the Central and State governments and the voluntary sector beyond the present, empowering young people for affirmative and positive action and transforming their life.
The Policy also states that youth development programmes should reach out to all sections of the youth population and be accessible to them. These should be free from all forms of discrimination based on gender, caste, ethnicity, language, or physical or mental condition.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- âExcept making a little noise on the post 2015 development goals, the global disability movement is not up for the challenge aheadâ: Javed Abidi
- âThe challenge is to provide students with disabilities what they need, when they need it; and as a matter of rightâ: Rajluxmi Murthy
- Department of Disability Affairs notified
- National Advisory Council supports full legal capacity
- D.R.G. member resigns from Ministry of Civil Aviation Committee
- Government interviews a new set of candidates for the post of R.C.I. Chairperson
- National Youth Policy 2012 to also focus on youth with disabilities
- National Skill Development policy leaves much to be desired
- Only 160 crore for e-inclusion in the 12th Plan
- Tamil Nadu to issue R.T.I. replies in Braille
- D.U. hypes an âincreaseâ in number of disabled applicants, but half of the seats still go vacant
- Applications invited for Jamsetji Tata Chair for Universal Design
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: