Volume 8 Issue 8 - November 15, 2011
Coordination-cum-Monitoring Committee formed for I.S.L.R.T.C.
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (M.S.J.E.) had been dragging its feet on the formation of the Coordination-cum-Monitoring Committee for the Indian Sign Language Research & Training Centre (I.S.L.R.T.C.) that was established as an autonomous Centre of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (I.G.N.O.U.), New Delhi on project basis for five years.
Finally on November 15, 2011, M.S.J.E. constituted the Committee with the Secretary, M.S.J.E. as Chairperson. The Committee includes the Vice Chancellor of I.G.N.O.U. and four representatives of national level organisations of the deaf, namely Zorin Singha, President, National Association of the Deaf (N.A.D.); Dr. Onkar Sharma, General Secretary, All India Federation of the Deaf (A.I.F.D.); K. Murali, Director, Deaf Leaders; and Uma Kapoor, National Foundation of Deaf Women (N.F.D.W.).
The ex-officio members will be the Director of I.S.L.R.T.C., Dr. Madan Vasishta; Joint Secretary and F.A., M.S.J.E.; Joint Secretary (Disability Division), M.S.J.E.; and Director, Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for Hearing Handicapped (A.Y.J.N.I.H.H.).
The Committee will meet at least twice a year and monitor the progress of the project and the working of the I.S.L.R.T.C. It will also act as a forum for co-ordination between M.S.J.E. and I.G.N.O.U.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- â€śThe governmentâ€™s commitment towards people with disabilities needs to reflect clearly in budgetsâ€ť
- Javed Abidi elected as Chairperson of D.P.I.
- 12th Plan Steering Committees: A major breakthrough for the disability sector
- The 13th N.C.P.E.D.P. â€“ Shell Helen Keller Awards 2011 announced
- N.A.C. to look into the proposed new disability rights law
- Coordination-cum-Monitoring Committee formed for I.S.L.R.T.C.
- Stakeholdersâ€™ Report for the U.P.R.
- Discriminatory law denies equal rights to hearing impaired girl
- M.H.A.D.A. rapped for not using the right definition of disability
- Report on setting up of the institute on universal design awaited
- A childrenâ€™s festival with a message
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: