Volume 8 Issue 8 - November 15, 2011
Report on setting up of the institute on universal design awaited
A Task Force that was set up by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (M.S.J.E.) to work out the details of the proposed National Centre for Universal Design and Barrier Free Environment (N.C.U.D.B.E.) is still in the process of preparing a report on the project.
The Task Force is headed by Professor Samir K. Brahmachari, Director General of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (C.S.I.R.) and includes other members from National Institute of Design (N.I.D.), Ahmedabad; School of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi and one nominee each from the Central Government’s Departments of Telecommunication and Information Technology.
The last meeting of the Task Force was held on October 19, 2011. It was decided that the institute will be called the Indian Institute of Inclusive and Universal Design (I.I.I.U.D.) and that it would be mentored by I.I.T. and C.S.I.R.
The institute would have its own governing body and would be under the financial support of M.S.J.E. The Planning Commission has decided to allocate Rs. 500 crore for the project.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- â€śThe governmentâ€™s commitment towards people with disabilities needs to reflect clearly in budgetsâ€ť
- Javed Abidi elected as Chairperson of D.P.I.
- 12th Plan Steering Committees: A major breakthrough for the disability sector
- The 13th N.C.P.E.D.P. â€“ Shell Helen Keller Awards 2011 announced
- N.A.C. to look into the proposed new disability rights law
- Coordination-cum-Monitoring Committee formed for I.S.L.R.T.C.
- Stakeholdersâ€™ Report for the U.P.R.
- Discriminatory law denies equal rights to hearing impaired girl
- M.H.A.D.A. rapped for not using the right definition of disability
- Report on setting up of the institute on universal design awaited
- A childrenâ€™s festival with a message
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: