Volume 4 Issue 9 - May 01, 2006
Bihar Government to appoint State Commissioner for Disability
News Network - The National Democratic
Alliance (N.D.A.) Government in
According to sources, under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995, Bihar Government had formulated rules in 2004 and a decision has been taken to implement it now. Once the Cabinet approves these rules, they will come into force.
There are approximately 27 lakh disabled people in the State. There is a provision of three per cent reservation in jobs for them but unfortunately they do not get these jobs. The State Government would monitor the implementation of the reservation status through the Office of the Disability Commissioner itself. There would be new provisions for facilities to the provided to the disabled people. The Welfare Officer Vijay Prakash mentioned that the State Government has issued directions to remove obstructions at public places to ensure that disabled people have better access.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Rajasthan Government provides 3 % reservation for disabled people in R.J.S.
- Bihar Government to appoint State Commissioner for Disability
- N.C.E.R.T.â€™s Action Plan for â€˜School for Allâ€™
- South D.L.U. files petition against Culture and Religious Endowments Department, T.N.
- Chennai High Court gives nod to Low Floor Buses
- â€˜We don't have the money to provide you with all your rights': Chief Electoral Officer of Tamil Nadu
- National Capital Region gets round-the-clock disability helpline
- Hemophiliacs demand adequate funds and medical facility
- Experiences of the Disability Movement shared in the Arab world
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy offers hope to cerebral palsy affected people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: