Volume 4 Issue 9 - May 01, 2006
National Capital Region gets round-the-clock disability helpline
D.N.I.S. News Network - A major reason for disabled people not being able to avail benefits entitled to them under government schemes and policies is the lack of awareness or access to information about them. A 24-hour telephone service inaugurated recently by Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Meira Kumar marks a beginning for addressing this problem.
The service based on Interactive Voice Response System (I.V.R.S.) will provide round the clock information on diagnosis, treatment, counselling, education, employment, government schemes and facilities related to all disabilities.
A Ministry release claims that the service will be one of the largest I.V.R.S. in the world in terms of the volume of information with varied channels of information dissemination. The information will be available in Hindi and English. The service is available on the following numbers: 29825094, 29825095 and 29825096. Information can be availed through S.M.S., E-Mail and Fax on demand.
‘Disability Line’ in
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Rajasthan Government provides 3 % reservation for disabled people in R.J.S.
- Bihar Government to appoint State Commissioner for Disability
- N.C.E.R.T.â€™s Action Plan for â€˜School for Allâ€™
- South D.L.U. files petition against Culture and Religious Endowments Department, T.N.
- Chennai High Court gives nod to Low Floor Buses
- â€˜We don't have the money to provide you with all your rights': Chief Electoral Officer of Tamil Nadu
- National Capital Region gets round-the-clock disability helpline
- Hemophiliacs demand adequate funds and medical facility
- Experiences of the Disability Movement shared in the Arab world
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy offers hope to cerebral palsy affected people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: