Volume 6 Issue 9 - October 15, 2009
U.N.C.R.P.D. in three more Indian languages
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: In order to create awareness on U.N.C.R.P.D., there is an increasing demand for its availability in Indian languages. Keeping that in mind, N.C.P.E.D.P. in collaboration with the British High Commission has undertaken an initiative to translate the Convention into three regional languages. Recently, the Gujarati, Bengali and Urdu versions have been made available.
The Gujarati and Bengali translations of U.N.C.R.P.D. have been widely circulated in Gujarat and West Bengal to all stake holders and copies are available upon request free of cost. Readers can write to S.K. Verma, Director, Viklang Sanskar Tirth Trust for the Gujarati version at email@example.com.
For the Bengali version, Shampa Sengupta, Director, Sruti Disability Rights Centre can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For U.N.C.R.P.D.s Urdu translation, readers can contact Javed Ahmed Tak, Chairman, Humanity Welfare Organisation Helpline at email@example.com. While the translation has been completed and soft copies are available, printed copies can be availed only by next month.
U.N.C.R.P.D. is also available in Hindi, Telegu, Kannada, Tamil, and Malayalam.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- âEveryone who needs support should be included in the National Trust Actâ: Poonam Natarajan
- âMental illness is not a disability, it is a diseaseâ: J.P. Gadkari
- Barrier free Delhi - Ministry more keen on a quick fix
- Finally, Chandigarh Administration comes around
- M.S.J.E. continues to drag its feet on web access
- N.A.D. decries non - implementation of XIth Plan
- West Bengal leads in employing disabled people under N.R.E.G.A.
- Access Audit of Election Booths
- Third time around, hearing impaired Maniram makes it to I.A.S.
- U.N.C.R.P.D. in three more Indian languages
- Call for papers for Techshare India 2010 announced
- Signs of changing times
- Demand for accessible hotel rooms on the rise
- Registration of special category vehicles caught in red tape
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: