Volume 8 Issue 9 - December 01, 2011
Sanchi: First heritage site in India to be accessible to people with visual impairment
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The famous Buddhist site Sanchi has opened itself to people with visual impairment this November onwards. It now has the distinction of being the first world heritage monument in the country that is friendly to persons with visual impairment.
Archaeological Survey of India (A.S.I.) has installed special tactile walkways, signages in Braille, beepers and a Braille map to enable people with visual impairment to feel the grandeur of the monument. As a rule they do not allow visitors and tourists to touch the monument, but they have relaxed this rule for persons with visual impairment to enhance their experience of the famed monument.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Disability sector submits Stakeholderâ€™s Report for Indiaâ€™s U.P.R.
- U.N.C.R.P.D. Committee gets an added week to meet every year
- International forum on ratification and implementation of C.R.P.D. in Asia and the Pacific held in Korea
- Five years gone, no review on National Policy for Persons with Disabilities yet
- Visually impaired candidates discriminated by U.P.S.C., meet P.M.
- Coordination-cum-Monitoring Committee on I.S.L.R.T.C. holds its first meeting
- Delhi High Court directs Centre to appoint Sign Language interpreters in offices
- Sanchi: First heritage site in India to be accessible to people with visual impairment
- P.I.L. filed to integrate children with mental disabilities in mainstream education
- N.H.F.D.C. announces 1,500 scholarships for persons with disabilities
- Joint effort by Wadhwani Foundation and TeamLease â€“ I.I.J.T. to empower persons with disabilities
- T.R.R.A.I.N. to make persons with disabilities part of the retail boom
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: